1. All students must say “Osu” upon entering and exiting the dojo.
2. If arriving late and the class is already in progress, students must kneel in ‘seiza’ until given permission by the instructor to join the class.
3. All senior grades must be addressed properly. Sensei for 3rd Dan and above. Sempai for senior grades up to 2nd Dan.
4. Students must try to follow all instructions given by the instructor to the best of their ability.
5. No swearing or discourteous behaviour of any kind is permitted in the dojo.
6. No eating or chewing gum in the dojo. In hot conditions, drinks may be allowed but only with permission from the instructor.
7. A white, clean and ironed Gi with the club badge must be worn at all times unless the instructor says otherwise.
8. Only approved club equipment to be worn during sparring.
9. Fingernails and toenails must be kept clean and short at all times.
10. No jewellery must be worn during class.
11. The dojo must be kept clean and tidy at all times.
12. Students should use the time before class for warming up or seeking the assistance of the senior grades.
13. Any student using karate in a violent manner, or in a way which brings the association into disrepute will have their membership terminated.